making plans || G/uest's room

January 11, 2012

i think i'm more focused on G's bedroom than any other space in the house right now (this room also acts as our guest room since we're only working with one spare bed at the moment). i just want it to be even a little bit put together so she feels at home when she stays with us.

creating a room fit for a preteen that also suits guests of all ages sounds tricky. lucky for me, the kid gets into interior design . . . and has a sense of style all her own. which is pretty nails if i do say so myself. we've settled on dark purple for her walls (exact shade yet to be determined if anyone has any recs). the room gets great light, so i have no qualms about such a dominant color.

i'm fairly certain you'll be able to pick up a theme in my inspiration folder:
(get ready --- there is no shortage of research for this room!!)























i'm so fired for this, but images via pinterest
(come on, there are a thousand!)

hmmmm . . . detect any themes? i adore the idea of a 4 poster with drapery panels, but i'm not sure we can get past the fan (and, i'm sorry, but fans are just practical in bedrooms, so it's probably staying). still thinking perhaps some drapery over a headboard, but those are tough to execute without looking cheesy, so we'll see. we'll definitely need a short desk as one of the bedside tables, a charming 3-drawer dresser with a large mirror situation, we both loooove the idea of a small chaise (in a pop color maybe??), and lots and lots of layering of pattern and texture.

so there you have it. one room planned(ish) . . . nine more to go!

17 comments:

katrina - dot dot dash said...

definitely some lush guest bedrooms!
lovely collection of images... and liking the blog!
x kat

jacquelyn | lark&linen said...

it sounds perfect!! I cannot wait to see what the end result is like!

Unknown said...

If the design is anything like these I am coming to stay at your house! 7 days and counting for ALT Yahoooo

kalynor said...

So many beautiful rooms in your collection of photos! Definitely waiting to see what you chose to do!

Lily said...

Gorgeous inspiration...cant wait to see how it turns out !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

G is one lucky gal to have you helping her get her room all pretty-fied! I would be happy with any of the above bedrooms at ANY age.

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Love all of these beautiful pictures, they are divine bedroom spaces! I just happened upon your blog today and I think it is terrific, so much inspiration. I am so happy I found your site, I hope you are having a wonderful week!!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Amber Interiors said...

every image is beyond awesome!

There was some I have never seen so rightly I pinned my face off.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I agree G is a lucky lady...every single one of these images is so inspiring!!!! xoxo

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love all the images you pulled out for inspiration ;)

ROOME said...

Really loving the first one...is it kelly werstler??

Unknown said...

Love your blog! just stumbled across it. Great inspiring images for the guest room! I'm in the process of re-doing ours, so excited!

veronica said...

Ohmigod I would have murdered someone to have you decorate my preteen bedroom. I would murder someone now if you would come over and do my kitchen. Just sayin'

Tobe | BIA said...

Roome ~ YES! You're right - it's Wearstler. Thank you all for the awesome feedback! Hope G (and our guests) love it, too!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is going to be the most stylish teen ever! Love your ideas Tobe!! Wish I had a chic role model like you to put something like that together for me way back when. Let's just say I had Laura Ashley wallpaper. In my defense, it was the 80's/90's...

Jessica said...

As far as the purple goes, I love the color on the walls in the first pic posted here: http://www.theaestate.com/2012/01/warming-up-to-purple.html I've heard its Farrow & Ball "Pelt 254" But other pics I've seen of the paint make it look more plum. Anyways, I'm excited to see where this room goes! The inspiration pics are top notch!

Jessica said...

Oh, and I've also heard Benjamin Moore "Cabernet" is a nice one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger