On My Bookshelf // Beyond Chic

October 3, 2013

Whaaaaa? I'm posting two days in a row?? Look out!

Sooo...babies don't give you a lot of time to do much of anything. Besides, you know, stare at them...feed them...change them...and try to get them to stop crying, which often requires holding them. Fortunately, you can also read books while doing some of those tasks which almost saves your sanity. This is why I jumped at the opportunity when the fine folks at The Vendome Press contacted me about reviewing several of their upcoming publications. Enter Beyond Chic, Great Fashion Designers at Home.


I'm always into seeing how people live. A lot of times, I don't really feel like I know a person until I've seen their home. It's been that way since I was pretty young. You learn so much about people through their spaces! I love getting a peek inside the homes of fashion's greats...and Beyond Chic covers so many.

Giorgio Armani


Franca Sozanni


Manolo Blahnik


Reed Krakoff


...and more than a dozen others.
A few of my other favorites included
Loulou de la Falaise


Vanessa Seward


and Nicole Farhi.


This one's definitely coffee table worthy, my friends. And if you're going to be bed- or sofa-bound anytime soon, might as well just go ahead and pre-order now.

I've had lots of couch time, so more delicious book reviews coming up!

Fine Print: The Vendome Press provided a copy of this book for my review. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

katie gavigan said...

wow, some amazing shots here...this teaser definitely has me convinced! can't wait to get my hands on this one.

IVAN TERESTCHENKO said...

hello Bia,
just a quick note to thank you for the kind review. The book is starting to live it's own life, which is what it was meant for. It gives me great pleasure to see it with it's open spreads, my little world is finally meeting the big one, yours. Cheers, Ivan

Sonya said...

Beautiful! I love seeing how fashion and other designers live and color their lives!

InteriorGroupie said...

Beauty!! My mom told me she read wuthering heights to my sister as she nursed her. I think I may read blogs aloud instead #samesamebutdifferent #newclassics

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger